With every ton of brown coal burnt a ton of carbon dioxide is instantly emitted, which drives climate change. Four of the five power plants with the highest emissions are located in Germany. Thus, lignite represents a profit-oriented energy industry without the slightest regard to its ecological and social consequences. To prevent this from going on, Ende Gelände issued an ultimatum to RWA to withdraw from coal.
We too want to travel to the climate camp in Germany this year and support the claims of Ende Gelände together with thousands of activists from all over the world. The climate camp has traditionally set the frame for Ende Gelände and will take place in the Rhineland from the 24th to the 29th of August. This year, there will be even three different camps (climate camp, connecting movements camp, youth camp), organized by different actors to provide sufficient support for Ende Gelände.
You can receive more information, including on the planned joint travel by bus, at our information events!
- Vienna: Information event
19.6.2017, 8 pm, Amerlinghaus, lower hall, Stiftgasse 8, 1070 Wien https://www.facebook.com/events/1312709182116723/
29. June 7 pm Sub Salzburg; Müllnerhauptstraße 11b 5020 Salzburg
- Carinthia: Information event “Civil disobedience and Permaculture”
21. Juni, 18:00, ÖH-garden Uni Klagenfurt https://www.facebook.com/events/492759777732700/
- Graz: Information event
30. 6., 20:00 bis 22:00 at Murcamp Graz. By rain at Spektral (Lendkai 45, 8010 Graz) https://www.facebook.com/events/1234885646638560/
- Graz: Open action training to civil disobedience
1. 7., 11:00 bis 15:00 at Murcamp Graz. By rain at Spektral (Lendkai 45, 8010 Graz)
For all further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We try to organize a bus for a shared journey in the Rhineland. Who is interested send a mail no later than 1th of July to email@example.com (PGP-key here and on the keyservers). The earlier and fixed commitments or expressions of interest make it more simple to organize .